- Freeze grapes to chill your white or sparkling wine without watering it down. Yes, please and your welcome!
- Attach a piece of pantyhose to the end of your vacuum hose to find and pick up smaller objects. Oh, wait.. do women even wear pantyhose anymore ???
- Wall hanging made easy!! Photocopy the back the frame. Using painters tape, place the copy on the wall where you want to hang it. Use the copy as a template to space the nails or screws holding your wall hanging. Remove the template and hang it. Genius! Why didn’t I think of this before?
- Use nail polish to identify your different keys from one another – except you still need to remember which color goes to which door.. hummm… this one may not work for me!
- To remove the stem from a strawberry, just poke a straw through it and the stem will simply pop out! Before you completely switch to recyclable paper straws (they don’t work for long), save a plastic one or buy a metal one you can reuse endlessly … For a double tip; after stem removal, freeze the strawberry and add it to your wine. Again… your welcome!!
- To keep your brown sugar from hardening, add a couple of marshmallows to the bag of sugar (and if for some reason that doesn’t work, at least you’ll have a yummy sugar coated marshmallow dessert!)
- Hosting a BBQ? Use a muffin/cupcake tin rather than a dozen individual bowls to hold your condiments. (Plus, you’ll cut down on dishwashing in the process!)
- Need to hammer a smaller size nail and you are having a hard time holding the nail in place while hammering? Why not use a clothespin to hold the nail while using the hammer? (Unless like myself, you don’t have any clothespins and you can’t quickly find your hammer. In that case, just use your fingers to hold the nail and use the heel of your big thick heeled shoe as your hammer! Shhhh, don’t tell my husband that I may or may not have done this! …. ) After he read this, he told me to use needle nose pliers, so I had to add this to my hammering tip. And, who knew he reads my blogs !