Today is a day that encourages you to take time for yourself and relax !
Here are some ways to take care of your mind and body…
- Fresh air – Immediately we benefit from being in the fresh air.
- Audio therapy – Natural sounds of the birds, a water fountain, or a breeze through the trees offer a reprisal from the everyday chaos of the television, radio, and other appliances indoors.
- Eases pain – The physical activity of gardening helps to loosen joints and stretch muscles. However, meditation alone also helps to reduce pain.
- Vitamin D – A natural dose (though limited) dose of the sun’s bounty keeps us healthy and strong. Do wear sunblock or protective wear to reduce your risk of overexposure.
- Improve sleep – Rest better by communing with nature. Whether you spend time pulling weeds or focusing your thoughts among the flowers, sleep will come more easily.
- Ease anxiety – Worries begin to evaporate as our muscles relax, and we take deeper slower breaths. The exercise of gardening also allows us to forget about our worldly concerns for a while.