IT’S ALMOST HERE !!
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE RECIPES FOR ENCHILADA’S.
INGREDIENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
- 1 pound cooked pork roast, shredded
- 1 small onion, , diced
- 4 (10 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- sour cream (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- In a pot over medium heat, cook the pork with 1 can of the enchilada sauce, cumin and cayenne. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes. (I cooked and shredded my pork ahead of time and then reheated it as per above instructions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump 1 can of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a glass 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- One at a time, dip the warm tortillas into the enchilada sauce. Fill with meat, cheese, and onions (I also like to add sliced black olives, but my husband doesn’t care for them, so…). Roll tightly, and place seam side down in the baking dish. (And YES, your tortillas will start to fall apart. No worries! It all bakes together and tastes just as good!)
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top, sprinkle with any cheese you have left.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving and service with a dollop of sour cream!
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE RECIPES FOR CINCO ? SHARE IN THE COMMENTS !